Thursday, June 9, 2011

I love this blog

Last night I was talking with a friend about this blog - we went to the blog site and as I started reading the post (specifically the ones from Ukraine) I was right back in those moments - it was wonderful! I could feel how I felt and remember what God was doing and teaching me in those times! I thought to myself - I need to remember this and when I get back to Ukraine, I need to blog again.

This morning, I was thinking about the blog and I thought, it would be good to have that kind of experience when reading back over my time of HMA. So, I am going to attempt to start keeping up with my blog again. Now, I have just admitted that it is mostly for myself, a journal of sorts, but if you are not me and you are reading this right now, I pray it will be a blessing to you as well.

Last night, I was part of a service at the EKCC (Eastern Kentucky Correctional Center). It was a really great service! One of my friends mentioned that she has been reading the book of Job and I thought I love that book. So, this morning I read some of it. Now I admit, I cheated and skipped to the end. I love when God responds to all that has been said and reminds Job of who he (God) is and what he has done. It is also a reminder of who Job is. Such an amazing picture, just God speaking in the midst of what appears to Job as chaos and just the ultimate of despair. Then I was struck by the fact that to get to this revelation of God, I skipped to the end of the book, Job did not have that option. He had to go through all the difficulties to get to that place.

I pray that God will reveal himself to me, I am pray that God will help me to be faithful and true to Him, no matter what I need to go through. That I will not seek short-cuts or skip out on what He has for me as I long for comfort and ease. I want to go deep, to really know Him.
Shushan

No comments: